Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Recipe: Roasted sweet potato bites

**I'm so excited to announce that I've started a youtube channel discussing everything home making. My channel name is Surviving As Mom.  Check it out!! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmrj6ilyMI5G2hnraXRWpEQ

I made a video with this recipe.  Check it out!  https://youtu.be/peaPJUWJ0wo


I created this recipe to get my family to eat more sweet potatoes.  This has become a favorite among my family and friends.  Delicious and easy!!

First I peel 2-3 raw sweet potatoes and chop them into bite size pieces (about 1 sq. inch).  







































Then I put them all in a large Zip Lock bag and add the following ingredients (all ingredients are estimate measurements):
-about 1/4 cup E.V. Olive oil (enough to coat everything)
-1 tsp thyme (fresh is best, but dry will work)
-about 1/4 tsp kosher salt
-2 heaping tablespoons light brown sugar




Toss everything together in the baggy until everything is mixed and spread evenly.

Spread the potatoes on a greased baking sheet.  
*At this point, I sometimes add a light dusting of parmesan cheese.



Bake about 25 minutes at 375 degrees until soft and lightly toasted. 
*If they look like the bottom is starting to burn, you can toss them a little to finish cooking.


You can finish them with extra salt and pepper to taste.  Sometimes I toss a little butter in with them at this point.  Not necessary, but butter always tastes a little better.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment