Monday, September 16, 2013

Cooking: Simple baking

**I'm so excited to announce that I've started a youtube channel discussing everything home making. My channel name is Surviving As Mom.  Check it out!! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmrj6ilyMI5G2hnraXRWpEQ

I'm a little lazy when it comes to baking.  I don't enjoy collecting all of the ingredients and measuring everything.  That beings said, I found a lazy way to prepare for baking that I think you will find helpful.  It definitely helps me!

Preparation only takes about 15 minutes and I usually make about 5 or 6 bags.  First I pick a recipe that I make frequently.  In this case, my family loves banana bread, so I will go with that.

First, I label all of the bags with what it makes (ex: "banana bread").  I write the wet ingredients to add, the baking instructions and the date.  Line up the empty bags, and measure all of the dry ingredients and put them in each zip lock bag.  Squeeze the air out and seal the bag.  That's it!  




I then roll up the bags and store them in a basket in a cabinet (or pantry).  *I only have one bag left right now, but I intend to refill the basket with bags of banana bread, blueberry muffins, corn bread, etc.)



When it comes time to do some baking, I simply prepare the wet ingredients (usually eggs, milk, oil, fresh fruit, etc.), dump in the bag of dry ingredients and mix everything together.  Follow the baking instructions and you have a quick and easy fresh baked dessert.  It saves me lots of time and I am more likely to bake this way.  

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment